1918 Standard Oil Filling Station
The 1918 Standard Oil Filling Station, which serves as the Rochelle Visitor’s Center and was restored in 2001.
Standard Oil of Indiana acquired this property in 1918 from Carrie E. Stocking of Shelby Bolivar County in Mississippi for the grand total of $6,200. It was a perfect site for the filling station, with the location being on a high visibility corner at a 90 degree turn on the transcontinental Lincoln Highway. This was the first filling station on the LincolnHighway in Illinois and the first one built in Rochelle.